Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crystal River
Jas
post Sep 11 2014, 04:51 AM
Post #1

Jas

Group: Members
Member No.: 445

My kids .....( kids ..33 & 35 ) birthdays are this month ......takin` to Port Hotel and Marina on Crystal River . Woot.gif

Dove and snorkeled the springs years ago but never fished the area .....anybody fished the river or the outside areas ?

Reel Time fishin` show was on Crystal R. a few weeks ago .....good startin` point .....but any info from you guys would be appreciated !!

Thanks in advance !! cool.gif

BTW .....already read Crystal R. report in West coast ! Very general !!

IPB

"Good fishing, tight lines, and fair weather".......... Jas

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Tail Gator
post Sep 13 2014, 11:23 PM
Post #2

eat the Zeeba's

Member No.: 374

Trout are always good on grass flats. Go out past shell island and pick a flat. Work the oyster bars with moving water for reds. Creek mouths are good for reds. If you go around the beach, south towards ozello and can get to the backwaters you might have a surprise snook.

Check the channel markers also for triple tail.

IPB

"Gamefish are too valuable to becaught only once."- Lee Wulff 1938

Ask Cody, He Knows Everything.

http://www.bigoboats.com/twister.html

Jig n Gig
post Sep 15 2014, 12:40 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 42

Boodreaux was just there. The place is good and f'd up now. I would at least consider staying on the east coast or just staying home.

Just saying.

redhotfishing
post Oct 5 2014, 01:27 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,346

QUOTE (Jig n Gig @ Sep 15 2014, 02:40 PM) *
Boodreaux was just there. The place is good and f'd up now. I would at least consider staying on the east coast or just staying home.

Just saying.

This statement is as far from the truth as it gets. The fishing in Crystal River and Homosassa is some of the best in the state of Florida year round. I understand that this reply was written in September and although yes we did recieve quite a bit of rain that month our fishing was still incredible. Anglers that are not familiar with our waters may consider our area "F'd" up from time to time but mostly those comments come from anglers that don't have a clue how to fish without Whitebait!

Come and visit the Nature Coast and fish with a guide if you may be unfamiliar with our area. We enjoy showing off our area and there is not a TRUE local in Crystal River that would tell you our area is f'd up. Where else can you freshwater, inshore, and offshore fish, swim with the manatees, and Scallop in the same day? Definitly not on the East Coast!!

If you are ever interested in recieving free advice about the Crystal River or Homosassa areas please feel free to call or email me at any time. One free piece of advise for next time: DO NOT STAY AT THE PORT PARADISE HOTEL.

Capt. Kyle Messier
kylemessier@yahoo.com
(352) 634-4002
WWW.FLORIDAFISHINGADVENTURES.COM
WWW.CRYSTALRIVER-FLYFISHING.COM

zamog
post Oct 6 2014, 07:31 AM
Post #5

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 15

Hi Kyle

Do you know Tom Cochran of TJE Seafood?

He does a lot of our farmers markets and fishes and shrimps your waters over there.

BooDreaux
post Oct 7 2014, 07:12 AM
Post #6

GEAUX TIGERS!

From: Clear Channel Mega-Plex 740AM The Game 6-9a Saturdays
Member No.: 41

I'd suggest staying at the Plantation Inn & Resort in Crystal River.....great place and Grannie's restaurant is right on the corner of Hwy 19.....awesome place for down home cooking!! Don't forget to go down W Ozello Road to Peck's Old Port Cove restaurant!!

IPB

Saturdays 6-9a 740theGame Podcasts Avaibable at I-Tunes and our Website

Fishing Florida Radio

Cajun Gourmet Products Coming soon

redhotfishing
post Oct 12 2014, 07:36 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 3,346

QUOTE (zamog @ Oct 6 2014, 09:31 AM) *
Hi Kyle

Do you know Tom Cochran of TJE Seafood?

He does a lot of our farmers markets and fishes and shrimps your waters over there.

Unfortunetly, I do not know Tom Cochran. I went to school with a Dave Cochran years ago and he and I use to fish quite a bit together. Not sure if they are related or not.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2017 - 02:55 AM