Cajun Gourmet Products Coming soon

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
lxcoupe
post May 9 2010, 10:22 AM
Post #2

Welcome to Costco. I love you

Group: Members
Member No.: 468

So Rush Limbaugh was right...Let nature take care of it.

IPB

Casey
post May 10 2010, 10:50 AM
Post #3

El Jefe'

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 6

QUOTE (lxpoupe @ May 9 2010, 10:22 AM) *
So Rush Limbaugh was right...Let nature take care of it.

nature > all

IPB

Funny the way it is, when you think about it.

KJN
post May 10 2010, 08:38 PM
Post #4

Alpha Phisherman

Member No.: 12

Ma' oil should be here this week, entering East Cote Blanc bay Tomorrow nite or Wed mornin. Big SE winds pushin it faster than anticipated. I have no idea if they have booms out to try and catch some of it. I would think booms won't help much, unless they can make it funnel to an area where they could suck it up. But dats my taughts on the situation. My Specks are on the beach about now, spawning first spawn for next few weeks, shrimp are inside, hopefully all juvy stuff is inside and could be spared from the oil and purhaps survive and continue the linage for future generations. I think we will loose one whole year at least of spawn, and pelican hatchs/seabirds, ect. The stupid Wild life and fisheries opened shrimp season early from west end of my bay westward towards Tx. I think it all should of stayed closed and keep as many animals alive as possible.

IPB

Rayzor
post May 11 2010, 04:11 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 33

I have fished with Joe out there. I love it to see a guy still writing without a slanted ideology or politics. His first love is the outdoors and how to see that it's here for a long, long time.

Also, Ryan joined Robert Twilley in meeting with the US Corps of Engineers about recreating the wetlands around the west side of the delta that oil took away from the levee system that is causing the marshland to disappear daily, even before Katrina. They worked out a plan to hardbank Grand Laird, as well as redirect MIssissippi River sediment outflow, just as it did NATURALLY before the west side levee system was built. They concluded that once finished, the west side could be like it was years ago, in just a few years.

IPB

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

Thomas Jefferson

Growing old,..an inevidibility. Growing up,...purely, an option :rock:

saltycracker
post May 11 2010, 06:54 PM
Post #6

Salty Crack Ho

Member No.: 151

LX needs to get to manscaping according to the news. The news this morning said Al-packer fur was going to make Rush correct and nature will take care of it. huh.gif

BooDreaux
post May 11 2010, 07:35 PM
Post #7

GEAUX TIGERS!

From: Clear Channel Mega-Plex 740AM The Game 6-9a Saturdays
Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Rayzor @ May 11 2010, 06:11 PM) *
I have fished with Joe out there. I love it to see a guy still writing without a slanted ideology or politics. His first love is the outdoors and how to see that it's here for a long, long time.

Also, Ryan joined Robert Twilley in meeting with the US Corps of Engineers about recreating the wetlands around the west side of the delta that oil took away from the levee system that is causing the marshland to disappear daily, even before Katrina. They worked out a plan to hardbank Grand Laird, as well as redirect MIssissippi River sediment outflow, just as it did NATURALLY before the west side levee system was built. They concluded that once finished, the west side could be like it was years ago, in just a few years.

Ray, Joe is a great friend and you are so right a TRUE outdoorsman. The Advocate and Louisiana is very blessed to have someone of his caliber and integrity as an outdoor editor.

I've known Joe for probably 20-25 years, it's cool to see that he's appreciated!!!

IPB

Saturdays 6-9a 740theGame Podcasts Avaibable at I-Tunes and our Website

Fishing Florida Radio

Cajun Gourmet Products Coming soon

KJN
post May 11 2010, 10:49 PM
Post #8

Alpha Phisherman

I heard that gas started comin out the well now in place of oil, not sure if its 100% accurate.

IPB

Rayzor
post May 24 2010, 06:30 PM
Post #9

IPB

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

Thomas Jefferson

RockyJSquirrel
post May 24 2010, 06:32 PM
Post #10

Resident Whiney Bish

Member No.: 415

Some amazing pictures.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/05/o...ana_shores.html

Capt Steve
post May 27 2010, 06:34 PM
Post #11

Angler

Member No.: 19

This pix state what is an enviormental nightmare for LA and the USA.

Shrimp boats equipped with booms collect oil in Chandeleur Sound, La., on May 5.

Oil moves past an oil rig, top right, in Chandeleur Sound on May 5.

An oil-soaked bird struggles against the side of an Iron Horse supply vessel at the site of the oil spill off Louisiana on May 9.

A Portuguese man-of-war is seen from under the oily water in Chandeleur Sound on May 6.

A dead jellyfish floats amid oil May 6 in the Gulf of Mexico, southwest of the Southwest Pass of the Mississippi River on the coast of Louisiana.

An aerial view of the northern Chandeleur barrier islands, 20 miles from the main Louisiana coastline, shows sheens of oil reaching land May 6.

A pod of bottlenose dolphins swims in the oily water of Chandeleur Sound on May 6. Five days later, six dead dolphins were found along the Gulf Coast. Officials were investigating oil's role in the deaths.

An oil-covered dragonfly, stuck to marsh grass, tries to clean itself May 18 in Garden Island Bay near Venice

Birds fly over oil on the water April 29 near Breton Sound Island, on the southernmost tip of the Chandeleur Islands.

A Greenpeace worker collects samples of oil May 19 that washed up along the mouth of the Mississippi River near Venice, La.

Rayzor
post May 28 2010, 04:39 PM
Post #12

Now Ryan might as well be closed

IPB

Thomas Jefferson

Capt Steve
post May 30 2010, 06:42 PM
Post #13

Angler

Member No.: 19

[quote name='Rayzor' date='May 28 2010, 05:39 PM' post='249607']
Now Ryan might as well be closed

Class action suit now and get in line eventually when they (BP) payout like in 12-15 years.
That sucks, tell Ryan I am so sorry for their misfortune.

Steve

KJN
post Jun 1 2010, 11:32 AM
Post #14

Alpha Phisherman

As you can see, we are close too, it all sucks.

BUt at least we know , the brightest people around are workin on the fix, Most educated idiots I have ever seen. I have been sayin from the get go they needed to crimp the pipe, so now they are gona cut it, if they can cut it they can crimp it. The pics they are showing , if they cut rite above the BOP, and it don't work, we are really screwed. THey could of even used gravity and dropped an extremely heavy weight on the pipe if nothin else.

I am just frustrated with the ignorance that is running rampant. On a side note, every living quaters available is rented, they must have thousands of people goin down to the coast. I am doin a rush job now, need to retro fit an old Dinner into a galley, every building on the yard has a PO# asnd every building in South La. is the same.

IPB

saltycracker
post Jun 1 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #15

Salty Crack Ho

Member No.: 151

QUOTE (KJN @ Jun 1 2010, 01:32 PM) *
THey could of even used gravity and dropped an extremely heavy weight on the pipe if nothin else.

Crazy Coonass. Gravity works at sealevel and gets weaker the further away ya get. duh!
Here's some stuff written by liberal pinko fags about.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/31/us/31cleanup.html?hp
I was ready to go whoop some ass after readin' it.

phlatsphil
post Jun 2 2010, 05:53 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Capt Steve @ May 27 2010, 08:34 PM) *

A Greenpeace worker

I suppose we reap what we sow. Environmentalists are the reason we're drilling in 5,000 ft. of water instead of 200 ft. Drilling got pushed way offshore into deeper water because of the possible environmental impacts of drilling. dry.gif

Rayzor
post Jun 2 2010, 08:51 AM
Post #17

IPB

Thomas Jefferson

phlatsphil
post Jun 2 2010, 11:12 AM
Post #18

QUOTE (Rayzor @ Jun 2 2010, 10:51 AM) *

Ray, how is Ryan doing? From the map you posted, it seems for now they could still be fishing, recreationally anyway.

Rayzor
post Jun 2 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #19

QUOTE (phlatsphil @ Jun 2 2010, 01:12 PM) *
Ray, how is Ryan doing? From the map you posted, it seems for now they could still be fishing, recreationally anyway.

He has 85 % cancellations, which are all fly-in clients. He realized that today he could be open when 30 people fly in for tomorrow and they close the waters down, you know how bad a PR situation that would be for him.

The only ones left are the drive-down clients and they only fill a few boats a week. He has 20 families that rely on his business, bringing people to the lodge. It's terrible and getting worse.

At least with Katrina, the storm came & went, then he could identify what needed to be done and could do it. Even after the "hole is plugged" there's still no end in sight.

Your earlier comment concerning the environmentalists may have been the most profound thing you have ever said,...very true.

IPB

Thomas Jefferson

phlatsphil
post Jun 2 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #20

hope the well doesn't take 9 months to cap like Ixtoc did...

Ixtoc 1 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico..... popped a cork on June 3, 1979, finally capped March 23, 1980.... in 176 ft. of water. dry.gif

Ixtoc oil spill

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2017 - 06:55 AM