Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm considering this 16' Aquaforce
steelheader13
post May 11 2014, 03:46 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 195

Sale pending test ride and mechanical inspection.

I know it is not going to be a super shallow technical poling skiff, but for an all round great river, lake, and inlet boat, I think it is perfect for me.

The used older motor is scary, but supposedly has been very reliable and pushes the boat very fast. It is a 2 stroke Commercial version 75 HP. No hour meter.

Thoughts on this mfg. (Port Orange)? Total rig? TY, in advance.

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/bod/4456944079.html

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Sapro
post May 11 2014, 05:14 PM
Post #2

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 4

First, WHOA dude where have you been? I haven't seen you since the first forum bash/BBQ!

If I recall, both Phlatsphil and Billy had one of these. Phil called it a POS and Billy called it a technical poling skiff. wink.gif

I never rode in one myself so I can't opine aside from what I see: a pretty poor finish on a hull that looks noisy.

Check it out and decide for yourself. Good luck to you.

IPB

phlatsphil
post May 12 2014, 09:00 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 11

First of all, welcome back. Agree with Sapro, haven't seen or heard from you in years. It's been so long I forgot your name, even though I took you fishing one time.

As for owning an Aquaforce, neither Billy or I had that model of Aquaforce. We both had the 16 "flyfisher" model. I hated mine for a number of reasons, Billy was kid then, lucky to have any kind of boat, and didn't know any better.

This particular model that you're buying should serve you well. If I remember correctly, it has little to no deadrise, which means it should run skinny enough to fish most of the lagoon. One of my neighbors on the next street over still has the 18' model and he gets around the lagoon pretty good. Not sure you know the rest of the story, but allegedly the owner/founder of Aquaforce (I won't say his name here), popped a mold off of the original boat that was made in Titusville. I'm having a senior moment right now and can't think of the boat company, but they had the original design and mold for that hull. My next door neighbor (now deceased) had one of the originals that he bought new in Titusville in the late '80s before Aquaforce starting making them "cheap". I think Aquaforce changed hands about 5 or 6 years ago and is out of business now.

Good luck with your "new" boat. It'll be fine. Do something I rarely do anymore, go fishing.

steelheader13
post May 12 2014, 04:23 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 195

Tim is my name. I will go fishing with it, if I get it, and TY for taking me fishing in the past.

I remember that first bash, I brought some swordfish and Mahi I think.

I hope all is very well with everyone. biggrin.gif

I am sure I missed a few posts??

Zamog still alive?

zamog
post May 13 2014, 05:43 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (phlatsphil @ May 12 2014, 11:00 AM) *
First of all, welcome back. Agree with Sapro, haven't seen or heard from you in years. It's been so long I forgot your name, even though I took you fishing one time.

As for owning an Aquaforce, neither Billy or I had that model of Aquaforce. We both had the 16 "flyfisher" model. I hated mine for a number of reasons, Billy was kid then, lucky to have any kind of boat, and didn't know any better.

This particular model that you're buying should serve you well. If I remember correctly, it has little to no deadrise, which means it should run skinny enough to fish most of the lagoon. One of my neighbors on the next street over still has the 18' model and he gets around the lagoon pretty good. Not sure you know the rest of the story, but allegedly the owner/founder of Aquaforce (I won't say his name here), popped a mold off of the original boat that was made in Titusville. I'm having a senior moment right now and can't think of the boat company, but they had the original design and mold for that hull. My next door neighbor (now deceased) had one of the originals that he bought new in Titusville in the late '80s before Aquaforce starting making them "cheap". I think Aquaforce changed hands about 5 or 6 years ago and is out of business now.

Good luck with your "new" boat. It'll be fine. Do something I rarely do anymore, go fishing.

damn ur old biggrin.gif

phlatsphil
post May 13 2014, 10:48 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (phlatsphil @ May 12 2014, 11:00 AM) *
Not sure you know the rest of the story, but allegedly the owner/founder of Aquaforce (I won't say his name here), popped a mold off of the original boat that was made in Titusville. I'm having a senior moment right now and can't think of the boat company, but they had the original design and mold for that hull. My next door neighbor (now deceased) had one of the originals that he bought new in Titusville in the late '80s before Aquaforce starting making them "cheap". I think Aquaforce changed hands about 5 or 6 years ago and is out of business now.

Update on this story. I had it reversed. The identical boats made in Titusville, the one my neighbor had, was a Nelson Craft. And, it was Nelson Craft that popped the mold off an Aqua Force, not the other way around. Nelson Craft went out of business many years ago. Aqua Force lasted until a couple years ago.

I may be old and forgetful, but I still know how to do research.

tongue.gif

zamog
post May 13 2014, 01:52 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (phlatsphil @ May 13 2014, 12:48 PM) *
Update on this story. I had it reversed. The identical boats made in Titusville, the one my neighbor had, was a Nelson Craft. And, it was Nelson Craft that popped the mold off an Aqua Force, not the other way around. Nelson Craft went out of business many years ago. Aqua Force lasted until a couple years ago.

I may be old and forgetful, but I still know how to do research.

tongue.gif

go buy a savage creek

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2017 - 03:12 AM